Wow! Put up a picture of a kitty and the world comes out to play! Thanks so much for all the comments! It was funny these last couple of days, every time I sat down at my computer, there was another comment! I love it!
Yes, Turkey is beautiful. But I have a bias – he’s my baby! I have always had a preference for long hairs, and he has such lovely colouring. He is extremely snuggly these last couple of days – not sure what is happening with that, but we shall enjoy it while it lasts.
In order to cut down on jealousy, here is a picture of his brother, Spike:
Sitting in a most regal position, on the top of the stairs. I am sure that in a previous lifetime, he was an Egyptian cat. He certainly walks around with an air of royalty. And every area that can be walked upon, he will walk upon it – for it is his area. No shelf, landing, windowsill, furniture is denied. Hee hee! He has always been snuggly – he just loves all the attention from his pet humans!
Ok, on to other things. I spent money today (do you hear the trumpets blaring, too? Oh. That’s just me). I spent money on…. hand dyed fabric!!!! (Ok, NOW you hear the trumpets, right?)
I am, for the most part, a stash-only stitcher. If it isn’t in my stash, I really don’t need to stitch it (no matter how badly I want to). It keeps my spending down and it seems to be working for now. But!! I am out of fabric. I am now stitching a project, and buying the fabric and floss as I need it. So, I have a few projects coming up that I thought I could splurge a bit on.
There is a member that frequents a couple of the same bulletin boards as I do, and she just launched her own website Tirowen Fabrics. If you haven’t discovered this site yet, I highly recommend it. She has some incredible hand dyes there, and the prices are equally as appealing. A caveat though, I have only just ordered from her, so I don’t know how fast shipping is or anything, although I don’t anticipate issues. She does say that shipping can take 4-6 weeks for some fabrics.
Anyway, you will have to check out the website just to see what fabric I bought in the very least. Here is the list (all items are 28 ct Monaco, since it is cheapest, and I am not that picky with my fabric types):
24x 20 Summer Sky – which I picked out for something, now I can’t remember (oops… but it is such a pretty colour!! I think it was Dracolair’s Midnight Hunting…)
12 x 20 Pixie Glade – to be used for the SBEBB lottery exchange (the name of the fabric goes so well with the pattern I am stitching up! Hint hint!)
24×20 Springmaid – For Mirabilia’s Midsummer Night’s Fairy
And orders over $25 get a free small cut of your choice. I got Antique Parchement. Just cuz it’s pretty.
So, it is the last day of the month, so here is the monthly review and October goals:
• Finish Gifts by the Sea Nope. I didn’t even work on it a whole lot. I have revamped my rotation, though, so it shouldn’t be too much longer.
• Start & finish autumn exchange piece Almost. I have it all stitched, I just need to pull out my sewing machine and finish it.
• Get at least 10% done with my Sister’s Tribute piece on the new fabric Nope. I did get a chunk done, but I only worked on it one day all month. Again, with my new rotation, this should change.
• Finish my knitted tank Almost. I have no plans for the weekend and should be able to finish it then.
• Get at least one ornament stitched I opted to stitch card motifs instead. I got three of them done.
• Finish 3 ornaments for various exchanges
• Complete knitted tank
• Try felting (ooooo!)
• Ornamentify all outstanding ornaments.
• Start and finish lottery exchange piece.
That is all the news for now. I think that is enough. Now I sit back and anxiously wait for my fabbies!