It has been a while since I was last online much less posted, so sorry for that. This weekend was busy with me re-arranging furniture and going on a cleaning/decluttering frenzy. Most of the house is done, with the exception of our bedroom and the playroom. Getting there, though! I have been doing a little bit of stitching in between, and here is what I was working on:
Just Nan’s Wintry Mix:
Sunday I had an itch to start a new project, so this will be my first ornament of the year when I finish it. I didn’t get as much time to stitch as I had hoped, so hopefully next week…
TW’s Lily Maiden:
I still don’t have the fabric for Woodland Fairy, so I worked on this one instead. I am loving this project!! It is stitching up so quickly and with every stitch I see a difference. It is a little difficult when it comes to backstitching since I have a hand-drawn chart (the computerized chart is now available on Patterns Online), so it is hard to see which are the back stitching lines and which are the grid lines in some cases. Other than that, it is going well. And I used the wrong backstitch colour on her dress. The colour I used (which I discovered as I was about to do the mauve area of her dress), was to be used for the mauve area. So, now her whole dress will be in that colour. It doesn’t pop as well as charted, but it does do the job – it will have to, since I am not frogging all that!
My computer is sold, I have until Sunday to get it all cleaned up. Wah!! I will be using Scott’s system until I can get a new one up and running.
That’s all for today. This evening I will be stitching “Gifts by the Sea” since last night I had a meeting and didn’t get to stitch it. I will be back to my regular rotation tomorrow.