Since I have done absolutely no stitching at all yesterday, I thought I would share some things that have been happenning in the news.
In an attempt to thwart the spread of bird flu, George W. Bush has bombed the Canary Islands.
A seven-year-old boy was at the center of an Ottawa courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy had a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the best degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Toronto Maple Leafs, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
And finally, some facts about me:
- Christine is actually a fruit, not a vegetable!
- There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat Christine, though it may feel uncomfortable!
- There are more than two hundred different kinds of Christine!
- It takes forty minutes to hard-boil Christine.
- Christine is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature.
- The water in oceans is four times less salty than the water in Christine.
- Banging your head against Christine uses 150 calories an hour.
- A thimbleful of Christine would weigh over 100 million tons.
- Cats use their Christine to test whether a space is large enough for them to fit through!
- In Japan it is considered rude to talk with Christine in your mouth.