Well it is my birthday today, turning 3-(cough), and I thought I would celebrate by stealing a meme from Jenna:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)
- 1848 – In Boston, Massachusetts, the first medical school for women, the Boston Female Medical School (which later merged with the Boston University School of Medicine), opens.
- 1512 – The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo, is exhibited to the public for the first time.
- 1604 – William Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London. **(As an interesting fourth item – The Tempest is presented for the first time in the same place on the same day 7 years later)
Two important birthdays:
- 1942 – Ralph Klein, Premier of Alberta (until last year. Which explains a lot about the man. Seriously.)
- 1808 – John Taylor, American religious leader (d. 1887)
- 1972 – Ezra Pound, American poet (b. 1885)
One holiday or observance:
- Mexico- Day of the Dead celebrations begin. (I grew up observing All Saints Day on this day, but Day of the Dead is a day that has always seemed interesting to me. It seems like such a wonderful way to honour our ancestors.)