This week’s SBQ was suggested by Terri and is:
What items do you consider essential to your needlework that you keep in your stitching bag?
Good question. This one will be an interesting read to see what everyone says. I have a small stitching bag. My necessities are all kept in there. I have included a photo of it:
I thought it would be good to actually do an inventory to see what my necessary (and not so necessary) items were:
– Three Prairie Schooler mini charts – one never knows when one needs to do a quickie.
– One package of 12 snaps, seven of which remain.
– One package of beeding needles, assorted sizes
– One set of #4 double pointed knitting needles
– Two crochet hooks, sized 3.5 mm and 5.5 mm (missing is the 4mm which is currently being used
– Pretty scissors with the unicorn fob in blue which Dani made me a while ago.
– Tiny snips with TW fob … made… by…. (I feel horrible – I don’t remember. It has been a while. And so much thought went into it, too…) ***EDIT*** I found it – it was Tessa!
– One blue highliter
– One pad of mini pink post-it notes, almost empty
– One needlebook made for me from a fall exchange years ago, filled with stitching needles of assorted sizes
– One skein of sewing thread, in basic white
– Two cards of blends for Woodland Fairie
– One set curved snips
– One set of pinch snips
– TWO seam rippers (a tad bit of overkill there)
– One embellishing button
– One thimble
– One set of earrings. Oh – there they are. I have been looking for those.
– a hair elastic. My hair usually gets in my way, I like to tie it back every so often.
– Q-snaps are rapidly becoming a necessity. I can stitch without them, but I prefer to use them.
And last but not least:
My stitching! 🙂