I thought I would go back this morning and check out my stated crafty goals for 2011, since my memory is horribad and I had no idea what was on the list. So with one month left to go, let’s see where I stand, shall we?
– I had hoped to finish The Guardian. In all of 2011 I think I did a maximum total of 10 stitches in it, honestly. This was just not a stitchy year. I console myself with the fact that I’ve signed up for WIPocalypse and will be making stitching a focus for next year. Of course this means I have got to get into my stash and determine my projects for this, but I’ll get there.
– I didn’t do a single CAL square. I just didn’t have the urgency with it like I did for the mystery afghan.
– I am on my last Christmas gift so that goal is met, even if I didn’t do one a month like I had originally hoped. They are pretty neatly divided between knit and crochet and I am so proud of myself with these.
– Still no slippers. They are started, at least. And a hat with ear flaps did happen just not for Lauryn. And I’ve done a couple amigurumi but nothing fantastic. I’m going to have to invest in some smaller hooks I think for the really good stuff.
This is definitely the category that showed the most growth. I’ve learned so much in the last year about both knitting and crochet. I am planning on continuing with this next year and I hope Measi won’t mind if I add a few yarn crafts into WIPocalypse. ;p
– Wrapped in Ragg is of course done, that was my major goal for the year.
– I have not yet knit socks. I have not yet gone into my stash to even see if I have the stuff on hand to start a pair. But I have a month. It may yet happen.
So I haven’t hit every goal but I’m close. Which is pretty good for me!