I was tagged… nearly 10 days ago (sigh)… by Erin for this meme. It looks like fun so here goes!
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Eleven random things about myself:
- Despite my baking chocolate chip cookies all the time, my favourite cookie is oatmeal raisin. (Stay tuned for blogs on this later this week.)
- I am not a dog person. I am even less an irresponsible dog owner person. (Dogs in the front seat of a car is a huge anger button for me. I started to rant here, just now, but let’s just say that it irritates me.)
- I have no musical talent whatsoever. Although learning the piano is on my bucket list.
- Even though I like a lot of different foods, I am a very picky eater. I don’t like fennel or anise in my entrees, these are dessert flavours. I’m not big on overly sweet. And please, don’t feed me liver, I don’t care how good yours is.
- I have a secret (or maybe not so secret) crush on Liam Neeson. Among others. But he gets the vote today.
- I listen to Eminem, Celine Dion and Reba McIntyre in the same playlist.
- My favourite colour is red. But you can score a win with pretty much any rich colour.
- I believe every problem can be made less of a problem with laughter. Seriously, try it.
- I am EXTREMELY opinionated. I like to think I’ve learned when to share those opinions. Sometimes I miss.
- I have only left Canada once, and that was for a weekend in Montana.
- I have, however, been from coast to coast. Canada is an amazing country and I recommend it to anyone.
My answers to the eleven questions from Erin:
- What is your favorite movie? That is tough for me to answer. It does depend on my mood. Most of my favourite movies involve sword fights, though. I think my number one go-to would be Lord of the Rings (I may be cheating there by grabbing a series). Other favourites are The Count of Monte Cristo, Pirates of the Carribean, Snatch, The King and I.
- What is the first movie you remember seeing at the movie theater? It was either Lady and the Tramp or Fantasia. I don’t remember how old I was for these, I think I was around the same age.
- Is there a type of movie or an actor/director that you refuse to watch? Not a specific type, but I generally stay away from horror flicks. Not my cup of tea. And I’ve discovered I don’t like anything by Roman Polanski.
- What craft or hobby would you try if money and time were no obstacle? Spinning, I think. And then weaving with the yarn I’ve spun.
- Name your favorite kitchen tool. Does baking stones count? I am a stoner. My favourite is stoneware from Pampered Chef. If those don’t count, then I’d have to go with Pampered Chef’s potato masher. (I like Pampered Chef, what can I say?)
- What is your favorite type of trip/vacation? Active (like hiking), museums/history, beach, mountains, theme park, etc. Camping. Ideally in mountains.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy. I’m pretty sure I was meant to be there.
- Would you ever seriously consider living abroad? If the answer is no because you now have a family, do you think you would have considered it when you were “young and single”? I have never really considered it, no. It was presented as an option to me in the past, and I think I’m far too much of a homebody. I like having my family around. That being said, if the opportunity arose now for us to say, be posted in Europe, I wouldn’t say no. It would be an amazing experience.
- If you could choose any profession other than your current one, what would it be? I would love to be a professor of mythology when I grow up.
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Telling my baby girl her grandma (and her best friend) had passed.
- When is the last time you felt really free (whatever that means to you)? I’m going to wax poetic for a moment. RIGHT NOW. I love my life. I have an amazing husband, fantastic children. I stay home and care for them and bake cookies and take naps and knit and stitch and laugh a lot. I can’t imagine being more free than I am right now. This is my raison d’etre. I am incredibly blessed and I thank the powers that be every day.
Eleven bloggers I’m tagging (my apologies if you have already been tagged!):
Eleven questions for the bloggers I’ve tagged:
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could be anywhere right now doing anything, what and where would that be?
- What is your special talent?
- I’m a foodie, so I’m always interested in favourite dishes. What can you recommend? Do you have a recipe to share?
- What are you not good at that you wish you were?
- Do you prefer adult life or do you wish you could be back to being a kid?
- What is your favourite smell?
- What are you reading these days? Would you recommend it to me?
- Have you ever done anything considered “extreme”?
- I’m a big fan of silly. What is the silliest thing you have done?
- What was the last movie you watched?
Ok that was extremely difficult! lol! Please, when you have posted, leave me a comment so I don’t miss your post.
I invite those that haven’t been tagged to participate as well, I would love to read what you have to say.